Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bad News

This has been a rough week for us. On Monday, we found out that my husband was laid off from his job. We're yet another casualty of this lovely economy that we're all facing. It stinks, but... what can you do? He has feverishly been applying for jobs, contacting recruiters, and hoping that something comes up soon. In the meantime, he has applied for unemployment benefits. I'm grateful that they're available to us, but it's still such a drastic cut in pay, it's going to be a difficult couple of months.

I'm usually the type of person that tries to keep a positive attitude. Look at things on the bright side, but I'm really having a difficult time doing so. We've been struggling as it is, trying to pay off credit cards, hubbys car, and stay afloat with the rising costs of living. So, I'm not entirely sure how we're going to make it through this. I do know that we will. I know that despite our hardships, there are many people out there that are way less fortunate than we are. And I'm thankful that we have amazing and wonderful families that will do anything in their power to help us, and are quite simply, just "there" for us.

In continuing with the phrase that still brings tears to my eyes... "Yes We Can"


No comments: