I moved to the Phoenix area over a year ago now. In that time, I've had my hair done a whopping two times. The first time was at Dolce, in Scottsdale. It was super expensive, and I wasn't impressed at all. My highlights bled, and though it wasn't noticeable to others, it was to me. The cut wasn't very good at all either. She didn't connect the layers, so it looked like a shelf or something in the middle of my hair. Again, probably not noticeable to others, but to me, it definitely was. And considering we paid several hundred dollars, I wouldn't return there.
The second time I got my hair done, I went to a place that my coworker recommended. I thought she did a good job, and the price was reasonable. Why didn't I return? Well, the salon was kind of grimy, dirty, and it just skeeved me out to be perfectly honest.
I was missing my old stylist something fierce. I had been going to Heather at Envy Salon for 8 years prior to moving to Arizona. I started to feel as though it was impossible to find a great stylist, at a decent price within 20 minutes from me. Finally, I decided to ask my friend, Monica, who she went to. She lives fairly close to me, and although her hair isn't colored, the cut is always cute. I scheduled an appointment, and went yesterday to have it done.
Before:
After:
I like it a lot. At first, I was a little disappointed that there was a lot more blonde than I thought there would be. I guess I had imagined it to be mostly the reddish color, and just a little bit of the blonde. Sam LOVES it. Of course, he'd love if I were entirely blonde, so I guess this is a compromise of sorts. :)

2 comments:
I love it!!!
I love your hair!!! I'm so much in need for a haircut & color. To save money I've been going to a family friend's. I do miss going to the salon though and sitting in a comfortable chair & getting my hair done without having to bend over in the kitchen sink.
By the way, welcome to AZ! :)
Post a Comment