Wow. I honestly kind of forgot about this lil' blog. Not that big of a deal, as I don't think anyone in the cyberworld really knows it even exists, but I'm back... :)
So, my husband sought work for 6 months in the Seattle area. Six months of searching high and low, applying for hundreds of jobs, attending job fairs. That six months of searching got him exactly 3 interviews. Yup. Three. Two of which were with recruiters. On somewhat of a whim one night, we thought why not look somewhere else? So he contacted a few of his former coworkers from his days down in So Cal, and low and behold, his former employer was hiring for their Phoenix office. He submitted his resume to a friend that works in said Phoenix office late one Friday evening. By the following Tuesday, the hiring manager was in contact with him. Two days later, he had an offer letter from the company. I put in my notice at work, we gave notice to our landlord, packed up, and moved out to the Phoenix area. All less than a month from the initial phone calls inquiring on available positions.
Now, I'm job hunting. Scary, as I haven't looked for work for seven years. That's quite awhile. I'm hoping that my experience and longevity with my former employer will count towards something. I did have an interview last Friday. I should find out this week if they would like me to come in for a 2nd interview with the office manager. Fingers crossed that they will! I'm certainly qualified for this position, hopefully they'll see that as well.
So far life in the Phoenix area has been good. We've been here for a week now. I'm trying to dig us out from under all these darn boxes. Seriously, it's a little ridiculous. I feel like it's neverending. To say that I'm looking forward to being able to walk around without navigating through piles of boxes is a slight understatement. Ugh.
In other news, I decided to contact my bio dad. I sent him a short email, saying that C had told me that he (bio dad) wanted to be in contact with me, and that he could feel free to email me anytime. That was on 5/08/2009. It's over a month later, and I haven't received any response. That irritates me to no end. Seriously. He can't even be bothered to respond to an effing email? It's been 28 years--he hasn't made any contact with me. I take it upon myself to go ahead and open up the communication, and he can't be bothered. Sweet. Glad I worked myself up into a tizzy over that! Okay, well maybe not so much a "tizzy", but there was a lot of apprehension, and "soul-searching" that came before I decided to just take the plunge and do it. Unbelievable.
The boxes are certainly calling to me, so I suppose I should get busy. They aren't going to unpack themselves, now are they?
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment