Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Belated Birthday Recap

Wow, I haven't posted for entirely too long!  Seems I'm starting most posts that way these days.  Hopefully I'll have more to update with the holidays and all that fun stuff.  I have a couple fun things we've done that I've been meaning to blog about, so I'll (hopefully) do that in the next couple days. 

But first... a birthday recap:

On Friday (my actual birthday) friends of ours hosted a bbq for me.  It was pretty low key, but so much fun!  We had delicious food, and lots of laughs.  They have an adorable 5 month old little guy, which allows me to get a bit of a baby fix when we hang out with them! 

Saturday, Sam & I went to breakfast at the Farmhouse in Gilbert.  It was so yummy!  With Sam being such a night owl, and therefore the furthest thing from a morning person, it was a treat to be able to go out to breakfast for a change. 

Afterwards, we went to Barnes & Noble to get me my big birthday gift... a Nook!  I LOVE it.  I've been reading so much more with that.  It's super easy to just toss in my purse, and take with wherever.  I know, I could do that with an actual book, but this is even smaller & I never have to worry about losing my place!

For dinner we went to Ra for sushi.  Another thing that I rarely have, as Sam is not a fan.  He enjoyed some chicken teriyaki, and I devoured some amazing rolls! Shawna Day concluded with seeing Life As We Know It.  All in all, a very good birthday weekend.  :)

No comments: