Ugh. So, I never did hear back from that first company I interviewed with. Nice, huh? Especially since she specifically said she would let me know either way. Whatevs. Obviously not the right place for me. Since that interview, I've met with two different recruiters, and I have another interview scheduled for tomorrow. I'm hoping that something will come of all this! The recruiter I met with last week submitted me for two different positions at the same company. I'm crossing all crossables that I get one of those. The company sounds really good. They've been around for a long time (which in these times is a good thing), and they have good benefits. I'd be employed by the staffing company for the first 3-6 months, and then I would be employed by the company I'd be working at after that. The staffing company offers medical benefits after just 30 days. We definitely need insurance! As of right now, we're without. I know... It's irresponsible, but when we can't pay a good deal of our bills at the moment, paying an additional $300 a month for health insurance isn't exactly feasible. I have also applied at hubby's company for a customer service position. Not quite what I'm wanting to do, but... it's a pay check. At this point, I'm ready to apply at Wal*Mart.
So, that's an update on the job sitch. Nothing much going on other than that. We had a totally low-key weekend, as the hubby was sick. Our 4th of July celebration consisted of dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, a trip to Wal*Mart, and watching the NY fireworks on tv. I know, I know, you're all uber jealous, huh? Oh well, in all honesty, it's too darn hot to do much here during the day.
I have been trying to get some pool time in during the day, though. I go out for about an hour, around 11-12. The family reunion is next week, so I figured I should try to get some color. I do live in Phoenix after all!
Wish me luck in the job search! I really, really need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment