Thursday, July 9, 2009

Can I get a woot woot?

I got a job!!

Woo hoo!! It's in Mesa, so about 20-30 minutes away. I'm so excited!

This week turned out to be the interview extravaganza week. Tuesday, I interviewed with a Diagnostic Imaging company. It went well, she asked me to come back for a 2nd interview before we finished the first. A good sign, right? Well, unfortunately for me, the morning of the 2nd interview, she called to tell me they've already filled the position. Really? Geesh. Didn't even give me a chance. I was pretty bummed. The job was literally minutes from Mr. S's job, and we'd be able to carpool easily. But... it wasn't meant to be.

Wednesday, I had an interview at another company. I went into it being a little unsure of the company, but figured I'd go check it out. The reason I was a little unsure is that I had been contacted by them prior to my move for an opening. They didn't want to wait for me to get to town, so they said to call when I got to town. I did, and she said that they filled that position, another position had come up, which they were in the final interviewing process for it, but she'd keep my resume on file if something else came up. So Tuesday I got a call from them that they had another opening, and asked me to come in for an interview. Are you counting along with me? That's 3 positions in one month's time. Not the best sign. But, I kept an open mind, and went in for the interview. Sure enough, the company is in a time of great transition. Things are highly stessful, and constantly changing. People are frustrated, blah blah blah. I'm all for a challenge, but I don't think I need that type of situation.

While I was at that interview, I got a call from the staffing agency saying the company wanted me to come in and interview. So I did that afternoon. It went pretty well, I really liked the two women who were interviewing me. Seemed like an environment I would like. The downfall? They wanted to start the new person on Monday. I'm out of town next week for a family reunion. I hoped that wouldn't count against me, but honestly... I just didn't know timing-wise if it'd work out for them.

Lucky for me, they're willing to wait, and I got the job! woo hoo!! I'm really excited to start working. I'm ready to once again become a 2 income household, and to start meeting people. Not to mention being able to get out and do things since we're not in the poor house! Yay for being gainfully employed! :)

No comments: