Wow. Has it really been 5 months since I updated this blog? Ay yi yi! Things are going well for us here, in Phoenix. It's definitely been a transition, and difficult at times. But Sam & I both agree that we made the right move.
I really like my job. I work with a bunch of great women, and that makes it so much nicer to come to work. My previous job was filled with a bunch of Negative Nellies, and I would hear complaining every single day. Now, granted, there's still complaining being done at the new job, but I think that's the norm with any job, right?
In August, we adopted two little kitties. They're litter mates. We adore them. Seriously--we ARE the crazy cat couple. :) Unfortunately, earlier this month, our little boy kitty got really sick. They were afraid he had an obstruction, and wanted to do a $4k surgery. Uh, that's not gonna happen. We took him to our regular vet, and she kept him overnight, and monitored him. It took awhile, but he pulled through. And now I'm super paranoid that he's going to get into something, or get sick again. Which, we really can't afford as we blew through the little savings we had accumulated with the first sickness.
We've finally started going to church again. I'm glad we found this church, I think we'll really like it. And hopefully it'll help us meet other people, and make friends. That has definitely been the hardest part of the move... I miss my friends & family terribly. I love my hubby, but there's no comparison to good old fashioned girl time. So I'm hoping that getting involved with the church will not only bring us closer to God, but it will bring good people into our lives. People that we can form long, lasting and meaningful friendships with.
We managed to get through the holiday season away from family. My friend H came and spent Thanksgiving with us, which was nice. Then, the following weekend, my bff, R, came and spent the weekend with us. Christmas was just Mr. S and I. We went to Christmas Eve service, and had a nice, quiet Christmas at home, just the two of us & the kitties. It was a nice change from having to go 2 different places, and deal with the ferry traffic we used to plan everything around.
2009 has been a difficult year for us. I'm definitely ready to see what 2010 has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment