Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Brain Dump

I have a whole lotta randomness floating around in my head (frightening, isn't it?), so I figured I'll just do a little brain dump, and not try to make any sense of it. :)  So here goes:

I only took 2 1/2 (who am I kidding--nearly 3) years, but I finally made a photo book for ourselves with our wedding photos.  I know, pretty bad, huh?  In our defense (really mine, because let's face it, Sam has nothing to do with it) I did make one for each of our parents as Christmas gifts back the year we were married, and we do have a few framed photos.  Just not a book showing the "story" if you will.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.. Here's the link.  I used MyPublisher to make it, taking advantage of an incredible special they had going on.  We paid only $20 for our book!  Yay for good deals!  I had used Picaboo for the ones I did for my parents.  I liked the layout & background options better with Picaboo, but the overall quality of MyPublisher is better (in my opinion). 

I'm once again struggling with being home-sick.  I feel like it should be easier by now.  It is, don't get me wrong, but I still have horrible bouts of missing my friends & my family.  It's the silly little things that totally get me too.  For instance, Phaedra posted a new photo of my nephew, Gavin, on Facebook, and I teared up.  He's growing up so much.  He's only five, but ay yi yi... he's gotten so big in the last 10 months.  Another little thing?  I went shoe shopping this weekend.  Shoe shopping is something Rachael & I would do often & she was definitely my partner in crime when it comes to shoes.  So I was really missing her even more than normal.  See, random little things that make me miss "home".   I think I just need to go back & visit for awhile.  Get my fix, and come back here. 

A few weeks ago, I surprised Sam with a birthday weekend in Scottsdale.  We stayed at the Firestky Resort & Spa for 2 nights.  It was so nice!  I totally fell in love with the resort.  Unfortunately, so did everyone else in the world (or so it seemed)  My grand plan for the Saturday we were there was to lay out at the pool all. day. long.  We got out there around 11, and there wasn't a pool chair or towel to be had.  So sad.  We kept checking back, and finally gave up around 2.  I was totally bummed.  Other than that, we had a great weekend.  Went to the Frank Lloyd Wright house (Taliesin West), and the Phoenix Art Museum.  Both were amazing.  We still had a great time together that weekend, just bummed that we weren't able to have the chill time at the pool.  Here's a few photos from the weekend:


Recently, my cousin found out that her biological dad passed away.  She didn't have a relationship with him, and struggled with whether or not she should go to the memorial.  She has formed a relationship with her aunt (his sister) in the last 10 years, but he chose to not be a part of that, and flat out refused to see her.  Anyway, it got me thinking about my bio dad again.  Part of me thinks maybe I should make another attempt to contact him.  But then the bitterness and resentment sets in again, and I wonder why is it up to ME to make an effort?  Why can't he?  I'm really trying to imagine how I would feel if I got the phone call saying that he passed away.  I think it would be sad that I never got to know him, or that he never got to know me.  But on the other hand, I have a dad.  I don't feel as though I'm missing anything.  I don't know.  It's all a lot to think about.  I just really have a hard time understanding how a parent could just walk away from their child.  I don't get it.  He CHOSE to not be a part of my life.  I guess I just need to remember that.  He made the choice.  And apparently, he continues to make that same choice.  Even though I have given him an opportunity to contact me.  Can you tell I'm really torn on the whole sitch?  Blar.

Well, I think that's all I've got.  For now.  It's late & I'm heading to beddy bye!

Goodnight!


No comments: