I think it'll be good to see my Mom too. I haven't seen her since our big family reunion last July. There's definitely been a lot of distance between us, as I feel like she's made some pretty selfish choices, putting her friends before any of her family. Growing up we were always taught that family comes first. And she's definitely not been following that at all. It makes me kind of sad. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing her.
I frequent a message board on The Nest, and there has been a lot of talk lately about a program called Bountiful Baskets. I thought it sounded interesting, and looked like a great deal, so I decided to do it last weekend. What it is, is they get the best/freshest produce at a really low price, and pass the savings on to you. It's all run by volunteers. Anyway, we got SO much stuff! Here's just a few photos of our bounty.
Last night we went to dinner with Monica & Shawn, and Michelle & Ty. It was SO much fun. I really don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much. It was a good mix, and everyone got along great. It was my first time meeting Ty, and I've only met Shawn a few times when he'd come see Monica at work.
Sam's parents will be here in just under two weeks. I think I'm equally excited & nervous. I love my in-laws, really I do. They are so good to us. They love me like their own daughter, and have always welcomed me into their little family. However, they can be a little exhausting. Sam's mom is always making suggestions (I get it, she's trying to be helpful, but after awhile, they're rather irritating), and she's one of those people that can't handle quiet. Every minute we're together has to be filled with conversation. And if I don't have something to say, and I'm having an "off" day? Then something is wrong, and she thinks I don't like them. Nevermind the past 5 years, suddenly because I'm a little withdrawn it's because I don't like them. Now, normally it's okay, because we would see them for little spurts of time... No more than one overnight trip. But now? They'll be here for nearly a week. That's a lot of time for me to be "on". And that's exhausting. But, at the same time, I am looking forward to seeing them, spending time with them. It'll be nice to have them around. I'm excited to show them around, so they can see where our new life is. And see how much we love it here. I'm excited to have family visiting, as I've really been missing my family. So, there you have the equally excited & nervousness. Luckily, they will be staying at a hotel, and not with us, so I do have a slight reprieve. Thank goodness! I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to share after the visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment