Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Story of Us

Tomorrow, Sam & I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.  In honor of our anniversary, I thought I would recap our story.  Well, I guess maybe "recap" isn't quite the right word, as I haven't ever talked about it on here, but you get the drift!


I had been single for awhile, after finally ending an on again off again relationship.  I was living in Seattle, and enjoying my time with my girlfriends.  I had been partaking in online dating, and joined a couple different sites.  Some I liked better than others, but overall, not a whole lot of luck.  I had decided to kind of take a break from online dating, and just get out "there", do things I liked, and if I met someone, great.  If not, at least I was having fun, right? 


On July 13, 2005 my "bad" luck had ended.  I got a notification that I had received a message from someone named Sam.  Actually, I'm pretty sure his screen name was "samborn71".  Because that's his screen name/sign on for pretty much everything.  Now, this notification was sent to the email address I used specifically for online dating.  One that my last name wasn't listed, so in case I decided to give out my email, I wouldn't have a creeper having access to all my info.  Because I had taken a break from online dating, it was a fluke that I had even checked that email account.  I think it had been a good couple months worth of emails I was cleaning out.  The other fluke?  The notification was from a site that I didn't really like, and wouldn't normally even open their messages.  The guys were usually all on the east coast, or significantly older than me(we're talking old enough to be my Dad!), or just not what I was looking for.  But for some reason, I decided to open that email, and I thought this guy looked kind of cute.  Turned out "samborn71" was 34 years old, living in southern California.  His parents had moved up to WA about 10 years, prior, and he was planning on moving to Seattle in the next few months.  We emailed back and forth for about a week or so, and then decided to take it to the next level... the phone!  His emails kept me cracking up.  I would get so excited every time I got another email from him, so I was glad that it was just an extension of the hilarity in the emails. 
About a month later, he came up to Washington to visit his parents.  We met up at a mall, and walked across the street to a park  

After a few hours, we met up with his parents for dinner.  Yes, I met my now in-laws the same day I met (in person) my husband.  The rest of the week was kind of a blur.  He was trying to juggle time with me, as well as time with his parents.  We did some sightseeing, he met my family, we took the ferry back over to his parent's side of the sound, and did more sightseeing over there.  I hadn't ever been to the cute little town they live in.  Unfortunately, it was soon time to say goodbye, and he had to go back home to California.  But it was only for another month, before he'd be moving up to Washington permanently.

 

...tomorrow, our engagement story & wedding recap! 

1 comment:

Momma V said...

Awww.. I can't believe you met your IL's the day you met Sam! That's nutso!! haha!! I cant wait for the rest!!