Friday, June 25, 2010

Girls Night at Firesky

I got a call last week from someone from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, inviting me to a Women In Touch event at the Firesky Resort. When I booked the room for Sam's birthday weekend I signed up for their rewards program (Kimpton In Touch). I've loved Kimpton Hotels since the first time I stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Chicago.  I'm a sucker for rewards programs, so I figured why not.  Plus, it allowed us free Internet access for our stay.  And we know how cheap I am much I like a good deal!

Anyway, back to the phone call... she invited me & a girlfriend to a special VIP dinner as a thank you for being a past guest & Kimpton In Touch member.  I wasn't really sure what to think but I heard the word free and I was sold!

I asked a co-worker/friend of mine if she wanted to come with, and of course, she was all for it.  So we headed up to Scottsdale this last Wednesday after work.  Upon arrival, we were greeted with a nice glass of champagne.  We sat down, and waited for everyone to arrive.  They passed around appetizers, and refilled our champagne as needed.  The appetizers were so delicious!  The had bruschetta, spanakopita and coconut prawns.  Seriously amazing stuff!

Once everyone arrived, each table (there were 4) formed a team, and we set out to make the best margarita.  The winning team would be treated to a free night at the hotel.  We came up with a yummy margarita, but ultimately lost, because it was a little too sweet.  Bummer.  After all the hard work making the margaritas, we were treated to shots of Patron.

We then sat down for dinner.  Which was amazing.  It was a 3 course meal, each course served with a complimentary wine. 

Mixed Arizona Greens with Jicama, goat cheese, candied pecans, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes and prickly pear vinaigrette.


Duet of Filet dauphinoise potatoes and an asparagus bundle (please excuse my crappy iPhone photos I should have grabbed my camera!)

Vanilla Bean creme brulee with fresh berries
They were all so so SO amazing!  Seriously, some of the best food I've had in a very long time!  I know, that may not be saying all that much, since if any of you have met Sam, you know that he is pretty much the pickiest eater EVER, and I don't often get food that's full of flavor (unless we're at a restaurant, but even then his pickiness dictates where we eat)


Throughout dinner, we chatted with a couple of the Kimpton executives.  I had such a great time talking with Natalie White, their VP of Customer Marketing and Relationships.  By the end of the night I had a total girl crush on her and wished we could be bff's.  She was so much fun!


It was a really fun evening, and definitely made me even more of a loyal customer.  The Kimpton Hotels are such a class act.  I can't say enough good things about them!

No comments: