Day Seventeen: A photo of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
I wasn't sure if I'd bring this up here, but I figured since I've referenced the history here, here, here &most recently, here, I decided why not? Recently, (as in just last week recently) my biological dad "friended" me on Facebook. I haven't heard from him for 30 years. And he casually friended me. No message, or anything to go with said friend request. Just the request. After some thought, (and if I'm being totally honest, a little freak out) I accepted. One of the reasons I love facebook so much, is I have a lot of control over privacy settings, if I need. Later that same night, he IM'd me. Simply saying "hello, how are you?" I ignored, and logged off. Not quite ready for that yet. He hasn't tried again since then. Even though I know he's on FB almost as much as me. There's still a ton of resentment there. I'm trying, I really am. Somedays I feel like I need to let go, and give him a chance. But then, somedays, I don't think he deserves anything after 30 freaking years. All in due time, right? Ugh.
Tomorrow: A photo of your biggest insecurity

No comments:
Post a Comment